10 fun, frugal, and creative ways to make Christmas at home magical for the kids
Creating a magical festive atmosphere at home for Christmas with the kids is a wonderful way to build cherished family memories. Here are 10 fun, frugal, and creative ways to make Christmas at home magical for the kids:
A quick online search will reveal a plethora of results for DIY Christmas crafts, there's sure to be something both you and the kids will love creating together. Involve the whole family in making your own homemade cards, wrap, pressies and Christmas ornaments. You can use craft supplies like clay, paper, glue, glitter, beads, and stickers to personalise everything, or get some fun Christmas craft kits.
Decorate the Christmas Tree Together
Fairy Lights Galore
Countdown to Christmas! Immerse yourself in the spirit of the season and create cherished memories with an Advent calendar using small treats or activities for each day leading up to Christmas. It builds a sense of anticipation and excitement, plus the kids are sure to enjoy the daily surprises.
Write Letters to Santa
Help your children write a letter to Santa, and then send it off to the North Pole. Encourage children to tell Santa not only what they would like for Christmas but also a bit about themselves and what they have achieved throughout the year. Ensure they receive a response, creating a sense of magic and excitement. You can order personalised responses or better yet craft the response yourself and mail it to your child.
Elf on the Shelf
Pillowcase Santa Sacks
A unique and charming way to collect and present Christmas gifts that can be used year after year, becoming a cherished part of your holiday traditions. All you need is a pillowcase and some Christmassy embellishments such as ribbon, sequins, bells, felt shapes and fabric paints. If you're handy with a sewing machine create a channel for a drawstring, otherwise simply tie the top corners of the pillowcase together once filled with gifts.
- November 2023 (1)
- September 2023 (1)
- November 2022 (1)
- September 2022 (2)
- August 2022 (1)
- August 2020 (1)
- May 2020 (1)
- October 2019 (3)
- September 2019 (2)
- December 2018 (1)
- September 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (2)
- May 2017 (1)
- October 2016 (2)
- August 2016 (2)
- July 2016 (1)
- November 2013 (13)
- October 2013 (28)
- December 2012 (6)
- November 2012 (32)
- How to Make Christmas Magical for Kids
- Christmas Decorating Ideas
- 5 Easy Steps to a Beautifully Decorated Christmas Tree
- Christmas Decorations For Outdoor Entertaining
- Traditional Christmas Garlands
- Creating the Perfect Christmas Village Scene
- Christmas Warehouse COVID Policy
- COVIVID-20 Create Your Own VIVID This Year
- Trends In Christmas Ornaments
- Australia's Best Christmas Trees - Christmas Warehouse Christmas Trees
- Why people love to shop at The Christmas Warehouse
- Buyer's Desk - The Year Of Pink!
- Should we say Christmas or Xmas?
- Christmas World
- Buy Direct And Save
- Christmas Crackers, Bon Bons, and Silly Jokes
- Winter In Sydney and Surrounds - Christmas In July!
- Buyers Desk - The magnificent comeback of Gold!
- Create a memory - and decorate on a budget!
- Pre-decorated or decorate yourself? 5 things to consider.
- 2016 is an inspired year in Christmas!
- Buyer's Desk - To Theme Or Not To Theme?
- Christmas Stock Is Nearly Here!
- Temperatures drop for Christmas in July 2016!
- Christmas Gifts in a Jar
- Alternatives to Christmas Foods
- Christmas Gifts for Guys
- Finding Love at Christmas
- Knitting a Turtleback Sweater for Christmas
- Crochet for Christmas